Getting there and around
- Saarland University
- Interactive map of the university campus
- INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials
- Frankfurt Airport There are two convenient ways of continuing your journey to Saarbrücken:
- German Railway to “Saarbrücken Hbf” (main station), travel time: 2,5h.
- Flixbus Travel time is approx. 3h and fares are reasonably priced.
- Paris Airport Well connected by TGV and ICE to Saarbrücken main station (“Saarbrücken Hbf”) without changing trains. Travel time is about 1h50 (see also below).
- Luxembourg Airport Express busses operate between Luxembourg Station (“Gare Centrale”) and Saarbrücken Station (“Hauptbahnhof”). See timetable.
- Saarbrücken-Ensheim Airport (regional airport) A taxi ride from Saarbrücken Airport to Saarland University takes approximately 20 minutes. Bus #R10 runs hourly between the airport and Saarbücken Station.
Saarbrücken, the capital of the Federal State of Saarland, is an attractive and livable university town in the southwest of Germany on the border to France. The city can be reached by train within two hours from either Frankfurt or Paris.
The colloquium will take place in the assembly hall (Aula, bldg. A3 3) of the Saarland University within walking distance from INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials.
If you arrive by plane we recommend the airport Frankfurt/Main. From there, there are very good train connections to Saarbrücken.
The high-speed networks of ICE and TGV allow quick and comfortable travel to Saarbrücken station, for example from Frankfurt / Main or Paris Est (France). For more information and tickets see German Railway. The local main station is called “Saarbrücken Hbf”.
Busses and regional trains, the Saarbahn (tram), make public transportation in the area a viable alternative to taxis.
Busses and regional trains, the Saarbahn (tram), make public transportation in the area a viable alternative to taxis.at ticket vending machines or directly from the bus driver (current bus fare for a one-way ticket: 2,60 €).
List of busses leaving from:
Saarbrücken “Hauptbahnhof” (Main Station)
e.g. from the hotels Mercure, FourSide, B&B
Busses #124, 102, 150
Saarbrücken “Rathaus” (Town Hall)
e.g. from the hotels Leidinger, Motel One, Madeleine, Am Triller
Busses #101, 102, 109, 150
Busses #138, 136
Bus schedule University campus to city
For more information see www.saarvv.de. To find connections to the conference venue at Saarland University, search for busses to “Universität Campus”.
Your need a taxi?
Call ++49 681 33033 or ++49 681 55000